Facilities and Service Required for 1 Star Hotel Classification
1 Star Hotels are an important component of the tourism product. And they contribute to the overall tourism experience through the standards of facilities and services offered by them.
Below mentioned list of facilities and service provide the required standards of getting a 1 Star classification / 1 Star Certificate for your hotel.
General Facilities For 1 Star Hotel:
• Full-time operation 7 days a week in season.
• Establishment to have all necessary trading licenses.
• Establishment to have public liability insurance.
• 24 hr. lifts for buildings higher than ground plus two floors.
• Bedrooms, Bathroom, Public areas and kitchen fully serviced daily.
• All floor surfaces are clean and in good shape.
• Floors can be of any surface or materials.
• Power backup or Diesel Generator – DG sets.
Guest Room Facilities For 1 Star Hotel
• Minimum 10 lettable rooms, all rooms with outside windows / Ventilation.
• Minimum size of bedroom excluding bathroom in 120 sq. ft
• Air-conditioning should be done on 25% of Rooms
• A clean change of bed and bath linen daily & between check-in.
• Minimum bed width for a single 90 cm and double 180 cm.
• Minimum bedding 2 sheets, pillow & case, blanket, mattress protector/bed cover.
• Drinking water minimum one tumbler per guest with Glass.
• All category hotels provide two sealed bottles of branded bottled water of a minimum 300 ml. per person per day on a complimentary basis.
• Clean and good quality linen should be provided to the guest.
• Shelves /drawer space for 1 Star hotel.
• Wardrobe with a minimum of 3 clothes hangers per bedding without doors.
• Sufficient lighting, 1 per bed
• A 3 amp earthed socket power near the bedside and USB charger.
• A bedside table and drawer.
• A wastepaper basket in the room.
• Opaque curtains or screening at all windows.
• A mirror at least half-length (3”).
• A ‘do not disturb’ notice.
• A clean my room notice.
• Energy-saving lighting.
• Linen Room or Wardrobe well ventilated.
Required Bathroom Facilities For 1 Star Hotel
• All rooms should be with attached bathrooms.
• Minimum size of bathroom in square feet is 30 SQ FT.
• Minimum of 1 Bath Towel and 1 Hand towel to be provided per guest.
• New guest toiletries to be provided with a minimum of 1 new soap per guest.
• Bottled toiletry products to be provided on required not mandatory.
• Clothes hooks in each bath/shower room.
• A sanitary bin with cover to be provided.
• Each western WC toilet has a seat with a lid and toilet paper.
• 1 Star hotels shall provide water sprays or bidets or washlets or other modern water-based post-toilet-paper hygiene facilities.
• Floors and walls have non-porous surfaces.
• Hot and cold running water available 24 hours.
• A shower with shower curtains should be available if shower cabin is not available.
• Water-saving taps and showers to be installed.
• Energy-saving lighting to be installed in the bathroom.
Public Area Facilities For 1 Star Hotel
• 24X7 Reception facility.
• Availability of Room, F & B and other packages/tariff.
• Lounge or seating area in the lobby.
• Public restrooms for ladies and gents with soap and clean towels.
• Washbasin with running hot and cold water, a mirror, a sanitary bin with a lid in unisex & ladies toilet.
Room & Other Facilities For The Differently Abled Guest.
• At least one room for the differently-abled guest.
• Bathroom with facilities for the differently-abled guest.
• Ramps with anti-slip floors at the entrance.
• Minimum door width should be one meter to allow wheelchair access.
• Public Restrooms should have facilities for the differently-abled guest.
Food and Beverage Facilities for 1 Star Classification.
• One Restaurant minimum which serves all meals.
• Crockery & Glassware to be used in all the dining areas.
• Cutlery to be stainless steel.
• Good quality metal cutlery to be used and aluminium cutlery prohibited. (Plasticware are only accepted in the pool area).
Required Kitchen Facilities for 1 Star Classification.
• Refrigerator with deep freezer.
• Segregated storage of Meat, fish and vegetables.
• Colour-coded synthetic chopping boards.
• Tiled walls, non-slip floors.
• Head covering for all kitchen and f&b production staff.
• Daily germicidal cleaning of floors.
• Good quality cooking vessels/utensils.
• Use of aluminium vessels prohibited except for bakery
• All food-grade equipment containers to be used.
• Drinking water to be treated with UV + filtration.
• Good Ventilation system to be available.
• Garbage to be segregated – wet and dry.
• Receiving areas and stores to be clean and distinct from the garbage area.
• Every six-month medical check to be done for the F&B production staff.
• First-aid training for all kitchen staff.
• Pest control to be done at regular intervals.
Required Staff Qualifications, Skills and staff welfare for 1 Star Classification.
• Staff uniforms for the front of the house.
• Percentage of supervisory staff should be 20%.
• The Percentage of Skilled staff should be 20%.
• Uniforms to be clean and in good condition
• Supervisory or skilled staff may have training or skill certification.
• Staff Rest Rooms – Separate for male and female employees with bunk beds, well lighted and ventilated.
• Toilet facilities.
Guest Facilities for 1 Star Classification.
• Provision of a wheelchair for the differently-abled guest.
• Acceptance of common credit cards and facility/infrastructure for accepting/ making payments by digital transactions.
• Assistance with luggage on request.
• A public telephone on-premises.
• Unit charges made known to the guest for the public calls.
• Wake-up call service on request (Both Automated and Manual by the Operators.)
• Messages for guests to be recorded and delivered.
• Name Address and telephone numbers of doctors with the front desk (Doctor on Call services)
• Newspapers are not mandatory in rooms but can be made available in public areas like lobbies or lounges.
Safety and Security Facilities for 1 Star Classification.
• CCTV at strategic locations.
• Manual checks may be conducted for staff and suppliers at designated entry points.
• Verification of guests with Valid ID, Passport, Visa etc. during check-in.
• Staff trained in fire fighting Drill.
• Security arrangements for all hotel entrances.
• All hotels should conduct a verification of their staff and suppliers by the Police.